Year 4 (Class 9)
Class 9’s Page!
Class 9 teachers are Mrs Ferguson, Miss Haigh and Ms Trayer.
On this page you will find up to date information about current topics, information about our learning and key dates for your diary.
Welcome back after the summer break, I hope you are all ready to learn!
If you have any concerns, questions or would simply like to talk to us, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Here are the range of topics we will be learning:
We will be reading and studying Noah Baywater Runs Away John Boyne and our writing will be focusing on
- planning and drafting our writing, focusing on character, setting and plot.
- Using direct speech and speech verbs.
- different forms of writing – narrative, letter writing and newspaper reports.
- Noah Baywater Runs Away.
- Place Value – ordering 4 digit numbers in ascending and descending order.
- Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100.
- Negative numbers.
COME AND SEE
- Animals Including Humans and Teeth. We will be learning about the digestive system and our teeth.
The Anglo Saxons
- Who where they?
- The Battle of Hastings
- Their lifestyle.
We will be studying William Morris and creating our own wallpaper based on a William Morris pattern.
P.E. takes place on Monday and Thursday afternoons and our focus this term will be athletics and gymnastics.
Please make sure children have the correct P.E kits– NO TRAINERS– children need to wear pumps.
- We built this city
- All about us – greetings, where we live.
It is important that your child attends school regularly.
Homework will be given out on FRIDAY and should be returned by WEDNESDAY to celebrate our good work!
Snack: your child has the opportunity to buy a healthy snack during morning break– fruit, water, cheese. Alternatively, they can bring a healthy snack in with them.
Trips: We will inform you in advance if we are going on a trip.
Our class reward system is Class Dojos. Children can earn them for having a positive attitude towards their work, effort, a high standard of work, teamwork, caring for others, challenging themselves and many more. Children will be rewarded with prizes. However, class dojos can also be lost for unacceptable behaviour, lack of homework etc.