Year 4 (Class 9)
Class 9’s Page!
Class 9 teachers are Mrs Ferguson, Miss Haigh and Ms Trayer.
On this page you will find up to date information about current topics, information about our learning and key dates for your diary.
Welcome back! I hope you are all refreshed and ready to learn!
If you have any concerns, questions or would simply like to talk to us, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Here are the range of topics we will be learning:
We will be reading and studying Oliver and the Seawigs by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre and this term, our writing will be focusing on
- planning and drafting our writing, focusing on character, setting and plot.
- Using onomatopoeia
- Using apostrophes for contractions and for possession, as well as for plural.
- different forms of writing – narrative, letter writing and leaflets.
- Oliver and the Seawigs – drawing inferences about characters’ feelings, thoughts, emotions and actions.
- Discussing words and phrases which capture readers’ interest and imagination.
- Fractions and decimals problem solving
- Equivalent fractions and decimals
- Comparing fractions and decimals
COME AND SEE
- Giving and Receiving
- Self Discipline
- Sound – identifying differences, similarities or changes related to simple scientific ideas and processes.
The Shang Dynasty and China
- Who where they?
- Early civilisation
- Historical empire
We will be studying Paul Klee and textiles and making a weaving.
P.E. takes place on Monday and Thursday afternoons and our focus this term will be dance.
Please make sure children have the correct P.E kits– NO TRAINERS– children need to wear pumps.
- Internet Safety
- We Got the Power
- My home
- My town
It is important that your child attends school regularly.
Homework will be given out on FRIDAY and should be returned by WEDNESDAY to celebrate our good work!
Snack: your child has the opportunity to buy a healthy snack during morning break– fruit, water, cheese. Alternatively, they can bring a healthy snack in with them.
Trips: We will inform you in advance if we are going on a trip.
Our class reward system is Class Dojos. Children can earn them for having a positive attitude towards their work, effort, a high standard of work, teamwork, caring for others, challenging themselves and many more. Children will be rewarded with prizes. However, class dojos can also be lost for unacceptable behaviour, lack of homework etc.